Saturday, April 21, 2012

Music of the Week

This is a piece that our conductor threw in for us to perform; we had used it for sight-reading practice, and liked it, so they added it to the program. It's pretty easy, and quite fun. The 'squeaks' are made by sliding one's hand up the shoulder of the instrument. Everybody loves those.

This is one of my favorite songs from The Lord of the Rings soundtrack (though all the pieces are epic). I sang this at a performing arts contest last summer; and believe me, it's trial-some for a lyric soprano. Definitely makes me work on my lower register.

2 comments:

  1. Nice music...very epic...kinda. ;)
    I especially like the Lord of the Rings soundtrack...and not just because I have a bias toward anything Lord of the Rings. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Lord of the Rings definitely holds precedence over Plink...the latter is just kind of a happy-fun song, while May It Be is full of expression.

      Delete