Saturday, May 25, 2013

Back to Posting

Well, hopefully I can get back into this.

My schedule has been extremely full for some time. Hence the lack of posts.

However, I think I can start getting back to my normal posting ritual (if there ever was one).

Some things that have happened during my absence:

*I graduated highschool. Hooray!

*Several catastrophic events involving water happened around the farm. Not fun.

*I performed at a graduation ceremony. I now officially hate the song "Pomp and Circumstance" after having played it fifty times through. Those graduates needed to walk faster.

* We survived all of our spring concerts. I should have posted the dates on here, but I never had the time.

*I planned out my Senior Recital. Much work.

*I signed up for HSMA's Alumni Concert, which I am eligible to participate in because, after our last concert, I am no longer considered a student. This also means that I have one more week to learn twelve pieces of music, most of which I have never seen before. We only get one rehearsal before the concert. Yikes.

*My mother is expecting again! Baby is healthy so far.

*Arthritis is beginning to develop in all my joints. Not sure what's wrong with me, but it makes all activities more difficult. Hopefully it won't become chronic.

*I performed at the Honor's Recital. That was pretty amazing.

*I finally saw The Hobbit, and I was rather disappointed. I feel that everyone should know this. :P  Some parts I liked, but others were complete fiasco. The Misty Mountains is a physics-free zone, apparently. No matter how far or hard you fall, you will not die. Unless you're a badguy, of course. Then you die if someone just happens to swing a stick your way. And Radagast? Nope. Didn't buy into the super-speed rabbits. But some of it was good, like I said.

*That seems to be all that I can think of at the moment. Hmm. I'm sure more happened.

Well, you'll see more of me later. I have to go practice all that music.

11 comments:

  1. Congratulations on graduating high school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the soccer on Sunday didn't hurt your joints. And about the Hobbit, in the scene with the rock monsters, out of all those rocks falling none of them got hit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I heard that you graduated several months ago... pretty impressive. I just finished at the same time as the mediocre people.

    I didn't exert myself very much in the soccer game, so I wasn't very sore after. The main thing is that I wasn't slammed into this time by larger persons.

    That was another of my "no way" scenes. Like I said, it's a physics-free zone. Anything can (or cannot)happen. Bilbo was a pretty tough guy, apparently.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I officially graduated on the 26th of June last year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seeing that you already had trouble with water, did that storm yesterday make it worse? :/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way ahead of the normal people, I must say. :)

    Nope. We've pretty much drained what came up from the pipe (which had burst)after we blocked the water line off. No more flooding. Which is nice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The storm hit us with hevy rain and hail for about five minutes, when it passed us the cloud started to rotate. Thankfully it never did turn into a tornado.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thankfully. ^.^ We didn't get any of the hail, though we're only about three miles south of you.
    I've wanted to see a tornado, though. Not destroying the house, but maybe just running through the back field...but I'm sure no one else in the area shares my views.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That would be nice to see one day, but odds are, the only people that would see them would be people we know that would tell us how "cool" it was. :(


    I clean the church every week and if you need any help with setting up and cleaning up for your open house, I would be glad to help

    ReplyDelete
  10. Unfortunately, yes. Unless tornado-chasing becomes an occupation...hmm. I can update my list to: writer, artist, musician, homemaker, lunatic camera-operator that shouts directions at driver while in the midst of a literally rotating crisis.
    Maybe not.

    I'd appreciate that. :) We'll email your dad the details in the next day or so.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Let's hope we don't have one of those tornados on the 15th. ;)

    ReplyDelete