Wednesday, June 26, 2013

This Post I Owe...

...To the poor, neglected blog (and readers).

Yes, the last couple of weeks were very busy.

The senior recital/open house was pulled off. Whew. That took a lot more time and energy than I thought it would. But it went surprisingly well. I had started coming down with a sinus infection the day before, so I dosed up on Tylenol before the recital. Voice was performing at a kind of "meh" level, but I only had one very bad spot where I actually had to break during a phrase and clear my throat. Hopefully nobody noticed.

But, yeah. Everything else went very smoothly, thanks to the help. I have some very generous friends that loaned time and effort to the event.

(But I never want to go through that ordeal again. No parties of over thirty, thank you very much.)

Then the week after my open house, we did hay.

Uh-huh. My back still aches, and I wasn't even doing a majority of the stacking. Driving the tractor had its shining moments, but for the most part it was hot, greasy, stenchy, thankless work. I do not like harvesting hay. We have one more field to do, and then we'll be finished with first cut. Unfortunately, there are two other cuts to do over the summer, and five fields. So...

Anyway, moving on to brighter subjects.

...I don't have any brighter subjects at the moment. Check for shiny stuff tomorrow.






3 comments:

  1. It was probably the Tylenol that did that to your voice, but you still sounded great. I didn't notice you cleared your throat. :)

    Driving the tractor is not as easy as it looks. I only drove once and that was a bit difficult. :(

    We will still be having a soccer game Sunday(if the weather is not too bad), if you're interested. Though if you're still sore and sick, that would probably be a bad idea. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tylenol will scratch one's voice? Eh. Didn't know that. I took it for the congestion. Thank you, though. I'm glad at least one person did not notice. :p

    It was nerve racking at first, but...I dunno, I kind of like it. Having to control so many different levers and pedals at once is the most difficult part, I think.

    Would have loved to come to soccer, but, unfortunately, I had stomach flu over the weekend. Whole family's coming down with it in groups of three or less.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just an uninformed guess. It probably does nothing. :/

    At least the difficulty of the tractor might make driving easier.

    I am glad you did not feel need to come over anyways. ;) Because we are celebrating the 4th with lots and lots of food. I think the stomach flu is one of the worst (I have had a bad experience with it before). Hope you all get better soon.

    ReplyDelete