Thursday, July 4, 2013

And This Week...

More stuff happened! Hooray!

Well, some of it really was "hooray" worthy.

I contracted stomach flu over the weekend, which was not really hooray-ed. Spent a miserable Friday night in the depths of ick, and then Saturday in that 101 degree state between waking and nightmares. I don't know: do any of you hallucinate when you have a fever? Or is that just my bizarre brain-frequency causing extra activity when the physical side of me is on hiatis?

Anyway; I'm over that. Dad has it now, but luckily he has the week off of work and can rest up.

Yesterday I had my first voice lesson with Dr. Downs up at MSU. Promising start; the summer should go well. She talked me into signing up for the musical theatre camp that they hold up there, so I'll be participating in that in a couple of weeks. Intensive vocal training begins...now. Literally, she landed me with the Italian. At least I get a piece from the Phantom of the Opera.

We now have a whole herd of little baby goats running around in the goat pen. I probably should take pictures and post 'em when I have time.
 
July 4th is today---happy Independence Day to all you fellow Americans! I think we might spend the day cutting hay, but some friends of ours invited us to a party, and they have a pool, so...we might spend the rest of the afternoon over there.

Our parents have promised us a trip to Lake Michigan on Friday; preparation is underway for that in the kitchen right now. Yum.

Saturday will most likely be spent baling hay. Not even going to go into that.

And Sunday...is Mom's birthday! So we'll be celebrating on that day. 

It's been a lovely summer so far, even with all the difficulties. Garden is growing splendidly, the Farmer's Market is going well, life rolls on in the sleepy sort of way that it always does in Michigan farm country. Sometimes it's almost Shire-like. *Cue flute-music*

Anyway, here's me, signing off.






6 comments:

  1. Judging by the fact that you posted this at 12:00 AM, did you get any sleep last night? And with the baking hay on Saturday, will I be need again?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, baked hay... sounds good. I didn't know you could cook, William. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, give the guy some credit- it's creative. It's already baked in the sun. And it's all-natural. :I

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, the word "need" instead of "needed" was my mistake, but auto correct changed the word "baling" into "baking" not me.

    And Tim the hay is not baked in the sun. It is dried by the sun, unless you've eaten hay like that before. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, this is just to let you know that my blog (s) The Wordsmith's Shelf and Quasars and Feathers have moved to Tell Me a Story, Raggedy Man at ofquasarsandfeathers.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kayla, I've nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award! http://skyelerelizabeth.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete