Monday, May 21, 2012

A Post of Many Things Musical and Poetic

Lame title, I know. Well, my time allotted to this post is short, so I will be as brief as possible without totally confusing my readers.

Over the last week, I've performed in  two concerts, one for orchestra, and one in which I helped a younger choral group keep in line (my rag-tag bunch of singers did an excellent job, by the way. I was impressed by what their conductor was able to pull off). The orchestra concert went extremely well; we received a standing ovation for our performance of Tchaikovsky's "Little Russian Symphony in C Major" (which is not a "little" symphony at all). Tonight is the night on which the Senior (Chancel, if you want our official name) Choir performs, along with the Senior Orchestra and the Symphonic Band. This is our last concert of the year, besides tour; and if anyone in the mid-Michigan area would like to come, you are very much welcome to. It's being held at the Holt High School, starting at 7:00pm. Admission is free, and there will be cookies afterward, along with a chance to talk to the, ahem, "evasive" musicians (meaning, if you can locate and catch us while we're breezing around the school).

I'm nervous already, and it is but early morning---what I shall do tonight, I haven't the faintest idea. Perchance I shall feel more relaxed after I practice today (yeah, right).

The second half of this post shall be devoted to my latest poem, which I shall present to you without further delay:


Nope, never mind. The CD-ROM drive is stuck, and I can't get the disk with my poetry on it up on the computer. I'll have to figure something out later. Tally-ho!

(Yes, that farewell was totally out of character for me; I know it.)

2 comments:

  1. Haha, 'cookies'... ;) Nah, I'd be coming for you. If only... I could go. Who knows? There may be an opportunity one of these summer days.
    Tah-tah For Now. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks.:) I'm afraid that I was rather a small part of the performance...but it's all the small parts that make up the whole of the choir. I am more than a little relieved that we're nearly finished until next season...then we won't have another concert until our Christmas program. I'm tempted to be lazy and slack off practicing over the summer...I probably won't, but the temptation is there...

      Delete